The theme is “Sinners & Saints”
This art show is open to everyone. The theme is “Sinners & Saints” with a 200 prim limit per artwork, and limited to two entries per artist. One light/good and one dark/evil. You may submit 2D art, 3D art, or poetry on a prim. We wish to represent a broad cross section of the SL art community. All entries must be submitted by Saturday, June 26th.
In the wake of the UWA Gratitude Art Show back in November which I curated alongside Mariposa Upshaw, we here at Sinful Retreat and Angels Rest decided to carry UWA’s torch onward into the future in the form of occasional themed art shows. Mariposa has once again been dragged kicking and screaming out of retirement to curate with me again in this, our first themed show.
Why The Theme “Sinners & Saints?”
Sinful Retreat and Angels Rest are mirrors for each other, highlighting the dichotomy of light and dark in art and humanity as a whole. We thought it appropriate that our first show should reflect that. Despite the terminology, you need not think in terms of Christianity. Sure, you could pick one of the seven deadly sins (Pride, Greed, Wrath, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, or Sloth) or virtues (Prudence, Justice, Temperance, Courage, Faith, Hope, or Charity) but we are not locking you into that in any way. We welcome all here, so if you are Buddist, Muslim, Jewish, Taoist, a Reiki Master, a member of the Church of Satan, whatever your belief system, or lack there of; submit two pieces, each representing your interpretation of the sides. We ask for one piece for each side. In the event that you only wish to represent one side, please discuss this with Chuck Clip or Mariposa Upshaw, as single entries will be limited to strike a balance.
- Artwork entered should be able to be interpreted by the casual viewer as being representative of the theme. Where the link to the theme is difficult to ascertain, this should be referenced in a NC accompanying the work.
- Artworks may be 2D, 3D or Poetry on a prim.
- There is a 200 land impact limit per piece.
- 2 entries per artist (one good/light and one evil/dark please confirm single submissions with Chuck Clip or Mariposa Upshaw)
- DEADLINE: Saturday, June 26, 2021
- OPENING: July Date TBA
- The exhibit will remain for three months, after which, pieces may be cycled in and out as part of the overall environment of the sims.
Place the artworks in the Sinners & Saints Submissions box located at the Sinful Retreat landing point. (no perms required, but copy is appreciated if possible) . If you have problems with the box give artwork to Chuck Clip along with Artist NC. Additionally you may contact co-curator Mariposa Upshaw or FallenAurora Jewell (Jewell) with questions regarding the show.
The submissions box is here:
To submit entries, select the entry in your inventory (left mouse button) and then press CTRL & drag the entry while holding down that key to the Sinners & Saints Submissions box. When the cursor is over the box (red outlines should appear around the receiver box), release your left mouse button and the item is received. Do this for BOTH your entry and your Artist Notecard one at a time. Here is a template for the Artist Notecard:
If you have difficulties doing this, give the entry directly to Chuck Clip.
Art Show Entry Rules:
- Any artwork can be submitted. They can be inanimate or have animation. They may contain scripts if you so choose – maximum script time of 0.2ms, and anything that runs at over 0.05ms is to have an on/off on touch with time out of 10 minutes max. 150 land impact maximum. Please keep the size to a maximum footprint of 20x20m.
- Note that by submitting an entry, you are giving permission to Chuck Clip and Mariposa Upshaw to place the objects anywhere on the SInful Retreat or Angels Rest sims, and to have information and images of the entries placed on the Sinful Retreat website and on websites promoting the Sinful Retreat and Angels Rest sims or events held on the Sinful Retreat or Angels Rest sims or to be filmed for Machinima purposes.
- A valid entry, is any object made by you, the artist, and dropped onto the Sinners & Saints Submissions box that fits the theme. Select your item from inventory while holding down the CTRL key, and drop it onto the drop box (release the left mouse button when your entry is in position to be dropped in).
- Alternate method of entry is to offer the entry and Artist Notecard to Chuck Clip.
- All work must be original. Renderings of works by others, in part or in whole, whether or not they are under copyright, should be acknowledged and permissions secured when appropriate.